The Facility to deposit funds on ParentPay accounts for our cashless catering system and for School visits and trips is available here.
The links below will take you to the calendar for each year group. Wherever possible we have given details of the CLASSES involved in each assessment, the codes are unique and you can check them against your child’s timetable. There are many instances of very broad bands of dates being given for particular assessment activities, within this each faculty will plan in detail when classes follow the activity. The detail here can only be obtained from classroom teachers and your child should have this explained to them and recorded in their books and/or journals.
Stuart Rossiter, Assistant Headteacher.
Travelling to Gordano School
Click here for map and information including suitable cycling routes and provision for cyclists on the school site, local public service bus stops and areas served by our Home to School Transport services. It also includes “15 minute walk” and “15 minute cycle” zones which students and parents may consider as an alternative to driving.
Bakers Dolphin service Nailsea to Gordano School. A timetable and prices are available to download as PDF document here.
For bus routes from Portbury and Clapton in Gordano please contact North Somerset Council Tel: 01934 411172.
For bus routes from Bristol please contact Eurotaxis Tel: 0871-2503333 or 0871-2505555. You can download a timetable for Eurotaxi buses bus routes
Home School Agreement -Download PDF
Progress Check Evenings Dates of subject evenings, where staff are available to discuss students progress are listed on the school calendar and are given in newsletters.
Gordano School now uses an online progress evening booking system – information is available here.
- Appointments can be made between 4pm and 7.25pm.
- If you are not accompanied by your children it is important that that you know the names of the teachers you are seeing.
- Locations for the evening are signposted in school, maps of the school are displayed in key areas and small maps are made available on the evening.
- Please sign attendance sheets in reception.
- If a teacher is absent an alternative appointment can be made or arrangements made to speak with the teacher by telephone.
- Try to leave a gap between appointments to allow movement time and avoid delays.
Progress check evenings are important and valuable to staff, students, parents and carers. We look forward to seeing you to discuss your childs progress.
The school has a Community Support Officer based in The Centre and is part funded by Gordano School in partnership with Avon and Somerset Police. Her main role is to promote public reassurance, reduce fear of crime, help to deter anti-social behaviour, tackle low level crime/disorder, encourage responsible citizenship and provide high visibility patrols in and around the school and the local community. You can contact the school Police Community Support Officer by email here or dial 101, this number is for non emergency local police concerns. An operator will be able to put you through to our PCSO.
Click each of the links below to download PDF documents
Tuition is available from staff provided by North Somerset Music Service in the following areas of study:-
Flute, Oboe, Clarinet, Bassoon, Saxophone, Trumpet, Trombone, French Horn, Cornet, Tenor Horn, Euphonium, Tuba, Violin, Viola, Cello, Double Bass, Drum Kit, Guitar (electric, acoustic and bass), Piano, Keyboard and Voice.
Lessons last for 30 minutes and there are 10 per booking period (booking periods are Terms1-2, 3-4 and 5-6). Fees are currently charged at £60 for the group tuition option, and £120 for individual lessons. Payment is required ½ a term in advance when the lessons are booked.
Tuition takes place during the school day, and where possible times are rotated to minimise disruption to curriculum lessons. Timetables are posted on the notice boards in the Music Department, and students are required to check their time carefully, as sometimes changes need to be made to accommodate clashes with important work in other lessons.
Assisted Purchase Scheme - This scheme allows students to purchase some instruments for which they are taking lessons in school at a discounted price. The scheme works so that the school orders the instrument and thus is exempt from paying the VAT as an educational establishment.
As part of the Data Protection Act, school data controllers have an obligation to provide a ‘Privacy Notice' to the parents (or person(s) with parental responsibility) where a child is younger than twelve; however, where the child is aged twelve or more, the Privacy Notice should be provided both to the child and the parent/carer. This acknowledges the rights of both parent/carer & child (where appropriate) to be made aware of how their child’s information is handled by the school.
- What the Local Authority and/or schools do with pupils’ and children’s data September 2012 - download information here
- What the Department for Education does with pupils' and childrens data September 2012 - download information here.
- Privacy notice for looked after students September 2012 - download information here.
- Privacy notice for Pupils in Schools, Alternative Provision and Pupil Referral Unitsand children in Early Years Settings September 2012– download information here
These documents provide live web links to further information about the processing of pupils’ personal data by the other agencies/organisations mentioned in the notice.
We would like to remind parents that your child(ren) might be eligible for a free school meal if you receive one or more of the following:
• Income Support
• Job Seekers’ Allowance (Income Based)
• Employment Support Allowance (Income Related)
• Child Tax Credit, provided your annual income as assessed by Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs, does not exceed £16,190 (please note that if you receive Working Tax Credit you will not be entitled)
• You receive support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
• The guarantee element of State Pension Credit
An application form can be obtained from The Data Team at Gordano School 01275 842606 ext 218 or North Somerset Council, School Admissions Team, Town Hall, Walliscote Grove Road, Weston-super-Mare, BS23 1UJ. Completed application forms should be returned to North Somerset Council.
Auditors Certificate of School Funds period ending 31.08.09
Auditors Certificate of School Funds year ending 31.03.08
Auditors Certificate of Funding period ending 31.8.07
Auditors Certificate of Funding period ending 31.03.06
Audtiors Certificate of School Funds year ending 31.03.05
Auditors Certificate of School Funds period 29.08.02 - 30.03.04